A Workplace is where you spend the maximum of your time whether you have a 9 to 5 job or you are working from home. It is that one place which determines your productivity, which is why it becomes extremely important to have good vibes from it. While setting your workplace, make sure to quirk it up a little more and pay attention to those little details to make it more fun. Making your office or your workspace fun will keep you more focused and thereby increase your productivity. So here we are, listing down some of the most useful tips to set up or enhance your office and encourage you to work a little more than you usually do.
- Treadmill Desk: Say what? Yes, that is a real thing. Who said you have to compulsory sit down and work when you can work out and work. You can achieve your fitness goals while working. You can walk a few extra miles, all the while doing your job. Sounds like a real plan. Yes, they are expensive but isn’t it worth every penny? It is an investment in your body while making money. So, consider buying one and have those fitness goals that you have been longing for.
- Space utilization: Make sure you use your given space to the maximum. You don’t really need tons of space to get the kind of dream office that you had been wanting. You can even do so if you have say one corner of the room, or maybe a store room or even your own desk. Once you have selected your spot, figure out what all things you want to add that makes your work life a little more bearable.
- Quirk it up: Decorate your work space the way you want it to be. Add colorful wallpapers, quotes and frames that constantly remind you to stay focused and work towards your goals, your wish list, pictures of the last trip that you had most certainly enjoyed. Such things will add meaning to your workplace and make you want to come back to it every morning.
- Best use of time: It seems like a universal problem that people keep complaining that they do not have enough time to do something which interests them because their work is taking too much of their time. If that’s the case, then I am sure you are not managing your time properly. Plan things in a way that you can multitask at a given time. Like if you have a treadmill task, you can attend to all your mails while walking 5 miles a day. Or probably try finding time to read that daily column that you love reading during your coffee break. Plan your day better according to the priorities that a certain kind of work demands. Remember that everyone has these 24 hours, but it is up to us how are we striving to make it better.
- Avoid distractions: Avoid distractions like television or comic books or novels that can easily distract you from doing your work. You know you need to keep a check on you while working. So the best thing to do is to avoid keeping it near your workplace. Instead,have good relaxing music playing around softly while working. You will realize, that it actually increases your productivity to another level. Since music stimulates that part of the brain that keeps you more calm and relaxed hence making your more focused and helping you take better decisions.
You can use these above tips to your advantage or not use them at all, the choice is yours. But if you, you will see a change not just in your working style but even the kind of results it gives. Setting your workplace or office right will set you in the right mindset, help you think better, take quicker and efficient decisions and obviously increase your productivity. Keep things that you have been wanting to keep, decorate it the way you like and you will see results that probably you have never seen before. Lastly, we will leave you this note that makes your environment fun, even when you’re working. Don’t sit unless you have to and make do with what you have.